Monday, June 2, 2008

Hey,

so I've noticed that my second blog was deleted...that really sucks. Anyways, I've been kind of lagging on this thing, I'm not so good with journals and stuff. But, the project itself is slowly growing on me. I can honestly say when we started, I thought it was pretty lame and easy to fake; but, I have consciously looked at some products and even sat around and thought about where they come from. So, maybe not a farce, but a different perspective, ya? By the way, I still haven't bought anything. Not even food...that could be a problem. As far as I know, I am still a participant though.

Last week, one of the articles dealt with the the popularization in Indian fashion around the world, but more specificaly London. Naturally, London isn't the CENTER of the fashion world, but they are quite influential. With elitest Hollywood stars making there stay in London, there is a lot of potential for top-down influence over American audiences and so on and so forth. I think popularization of cultural styles for other adaptions can always be interesting, but meanings oftentimes get lost in the new adaptions. New styles are for looks only, the meaning behing the fashion is lost, usually. In this sense, probably. But, considering how influential both countries have been to one another in the past century or two, it's amazing to think that popularization of cultural fashion is barely starting to permeate Western ideology. Is it good, is it bad? I don't know...but I think that it's a small step at worst to understanding one another just a little better.

Until tomorrow, maybe even later today,

-Billy D

No comments: